To prepare for lab day do the following:
- Watch the videos entitled “About Docker” and “Docker Basics”.
Be sure to follow along by typing various commands as they are introduced.
- Run the official
ubuntu/apache2:2.4-20.04_beta image by following
the instructions at: https://hub.docker.com/r/ubuntu/apache2.
- Verify that the container is continuing to run and then use
docker exec to connect to the container.
- Once connected to the container try to do the following tasks and observe
that the software needed for these tasks is not install in the container:
systemctl to determine the status of the apache2 service.
- Navigate to
/var/www/html/ and use a text editor to edit
- We can get around these shortcomings by installing the needed software (which
we will do in the homework assignment).
- You can stop the running container for now.
Begin working through the instructions given for