This assignment has (possibly) 2 parts:
- If you have modified entries in the booksdb schema then
rename that schema to booksdbmodified (or just delete it) and create
a new booksdb schema (the name is important) and finally, re-import
the books database using the
- Use the (clean) “books” database write SQL queries to perform the
following tasks. The queries should be saved in a text file (i.e., a file
that has a .txt extension). Above each query (as a comment) include
the problem number along with the number of rows displayed by the query.
Each query is worth 2 point plus 1/2 a point for giving the correct number of
rows displayed in the comment section. To submit this assignment upload your
text document (containing queries and comments) in Canvas.
Unless stated otherwise, each query should display all fields of the
table(s) in question. Write a query that will:
- Produce a list of all info about all books (including
author name, publisher name, etc.) using an INNER JOIN with the
- Repeat the query from problem 1 using an
INNER JOIN with the NATURAL connector.
- Repeat the query from problem 1 using an INNER
JOIN with the ON connector.
- Produce a list of books (title and year only) that were published before 1980.
- Produce a list of books (title, publisher name) whose publication
year is not known.
- Produce a list of books (title, author last, author first) that are between
100 and 200 pages (inclusive).
- Produce a list of authors whose first name is either unknown or contains
only one letter.
- Produce a list of authors whose first name or last name contains this sequence
of characters: 'evil'. (Do not include in your match the single quotes or