In this assignment you will continue work with the same partner as in
homework #5. In this assignment the two of you will
test your memory usage simulation program by running it (and recording
results) at least 20 times for each algorithm. In your gathering of
statistics you should vary memory sizes and number of memory references
with the goal of identifying trends/results.
Once you have collected the data, write a report that includes the following
- the raw data
- meaningful graphs/charts that give a pictoral view of the data
- commentary on the data that interprets and explains the results
- answers to the following questions:
- Were the results what you expected? Explain.
- Which of the two replacement algorithms would you recommend based on
- Would there be any reasons a person might (correctly) not use your
- Which team member did the most work for each of these parts of this
report: producing/recording test data, typing the report, producing
charts, writing commentary, answering these questions?
It is up to each team to decide how the responsibilities of the creating
the report will be split. Each team member should contribute to the report
in some meaningful way. Do keep in mind that one of the questions answered
on the report asks who did what.
The report needs to be provided as a PDF and will be turned in two ways:
- Attach the PDF in Canvas to the homework assignment.
- Place the report in the git repository from the previous
assignment and make sure it is pushed to BitBucket.
One way to create a PDF document is to write it using Google Docs and then
export it as a PDF.