As with the previous assignment you will submit your work via a shared Google
document. Rather than creating a second, separate document you should add the
work from this assignment to your existing document as follows:
- Rename your document to: ``YourFirstName YourLastName: My Website''
- Put a large title at the beginning of your existing work called ``Site
- Put a page break at the end of your existing work and add a new
matching title for this assignment called ``Site Inventory''
- As before, provide the URL for your document when submitting your
assignment in Canvas.
The specific pages that belong on a site are, of course, unique to that site.
In this assignment we want to identify the pages/features you intend to
implement on your website. In your Google doc under the new heading answer
- List components you want to have included on the home page.
- Write the exact content you want to appear on your home page.
Generally, it is good to ``spice up'' the home page by using
photos/sliders, informational boxes, headers, logos, menus, excellent
- What images/videos are to be included on the site? (e.g., logo, picture
of CEO, intro video, etc.) If you need an image and it is not immediately
available, say so. Otherwise, paste your images into the document.
- Identify what pages/features you want your site to include. For each,
if appropriate and available, specify content or source for content. Some
elements to consider are:
- About us
- Contact us
- Frequently asked questions
- Products or services
- Certifications or trust marks
- Location or driving directions
- Customer support or help
NOTE: Gathering content, text, and pictures is not an especially rewarding task.
However, if you get this done early it will help focus the design of your site.
Notice the point value for this assignment. I will be grading based on how
thoroughly you have compiled your content.
The goal of this assignment is to, as much as possible, have a list of
all pages you want your site to have and as much content that will be on
those pages as possible. Be sure to put your name and date at the top of your