In this assignment you need to choose a business or organization for which you
will create a website. Then answer the following questions. Your answers should
be recorded using Google drive document which you share with your instructor:
NOTE: To complete this assignment you will need to have a Google/Gmail account.
If you do not already have one you can create one for free by visiting
https://www.gmail.com and creating a free account. To create a shareable
document, log in to your gmail account and click the icon that looks like a
9-key keypad in the upper right. From that menu select "Drive" ... then
click ``New -> Google Docs'' to start a new document. To share the document
click the ``Share'' button and enter the instructor's gmail address.
Your site planning document should be nicely formatted and should answer
each of the following questions:
- What is the name of the business or organization?
- What is the purpose of having this website? (i.e., what do you want
the site to accomplish?)
- Who is the intended audience?
- What behaviors do you want the intended audience to demonstrate
after visiting the site? (purchase something, make a decision, learn
- How will you measure the success of your website?
- List three websites of competitors (or similar organizations) and
for each site listed above answer these questions:
- What features do you like and would like to emulate?
- What missing features or poorly conceived features do you want to avoid?
- What appears to be the site's purpose? Does it effectively accomplish
- What will your site provide that is not available at the
NOTE: The questions should be repeated in your document to provide clarity. Be
sure to put your name and date at the top!
To turn in your work you will need to take two steps:
- Share your Google Doc with the instructor (email@example.com).
- Prior to the beginning of class on the due date, in Canvas,
submit the assignment by pasting in the URL of your document