For this assignment use the free online tool https://www.draw.io to
create a single document that provides UML diagrams of two databases from
the previous assignment: the candy database and the hotel reservations
database. The diagrams should include table name, field names, and field-level
relationships between tables including cardinality.
Here are some specific guidelines that may be helpful when using draw.io:
- Use the ``entity relation'' tools. In that set of tools the first class
box is fairly easy to work with.
- To add a new row to a class box, double click on an existing row to
select it and the use CTRL-D to duplicate that row and automatically
add it to the class. Pressing DEL when a row is highlighted will delete it.
- When indicating relationships you will most often use the ``1 to many''
line. When attaching the line to fields there are two things to remember:
- It matters which end goes where!
- Drag the line to the middle of the field rather than to one of
the attach points on the edge of it (to get better line routing when
you move the tables).
- Don't forget to designate primary keys by underlining the field names.
Once you have completed the document containting both diagrams export it to
SVG format and upload that document to Canvas. This assignment counts as 16
points (8 points for each diagram).